This week’s Business Ninja is Anna Webb, creator of Me2You Cards. Anna specializes in personalized bespoke stationery, notecards and notepaper. Very 5th Avenue! Geelong based, Anna’s business story is very interesting and an inspiration to women who are looking into creating their own niche small business. You can contact Anna by emailing her: firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s Anna!
1. What makes your business magical, setting you apart from other competitors?
Me2You is a labour of love and reflects everything I love in beautiful stationery. Our unique point of difference is our hand finished lined envelopes and that everything is Australian made.
2. What are your maddest ‘ninja skillz’ in unique stationery?
Coming up with simple designs that appeal to all age groups and make the recipient feel truly special.
3. How did your lightbulb moment in creating your business come about?
Having researched the availability and cost of high quality stationery in Australia, for my personal use, I was infuriated to discover that it was almost always imported, very expensive and therefore not readily available to me or my peers. So the quest began to produce Australian made, high quality, beautiful stationery at a reasonable price point.
4. What is your earliest memory?
Running away from home, to the end of the street, with a suitcase packed with only fresh underwear. I was usually home before dinner !
5. What would your last meal be?
A piece of eye fillet steak cooked to perfection by my husband.
6. What is your best tip for choosing working partners?
Good communication and work ethic.
7. What is your favourite sound?
My children laughing
8. Who would you like to invite to dinner?
9. What is something unexpected that has come from your work?
My need to work with something creative, rather than the big corporate world of years gone by.