This week’s Business Ninja is Director Edward Brown of the well-respected Smarthouse Fire Solutions. A former estate agent and all-rounder in the property industry, Edward’s ingenious business helps Estate Agencies manage their maintenance with his unique service. Smarthouse Fire Solutions is an intelligent way to safely outsource the care and maintenance of fire alarms within rental properties – allowing the landlord, agent and tenant to rest peacefully in the knowledge that all is done to ensure their safety. If you haven’t yet met with Smarthouse Fire Solutions to find out how they can help streamline your rental-role management, make sure to call Edward on 0403 242 126. Here’s the interview with Edward – find out a little more about him and his business!
1. What makes your business magical, setting you apart from other competitors?
Pure knowledge and experience, the capacity, drive and ability to always be the leader in creating the cutting edge and a team dynamic companies aspire to achieve.
2. What are your maddest ‘ninja skillz’?
The ability to stay completely focused when under immense pressure.
3. How did your lightbulb moment in creating your business come about?
Whilst brainstorming after a few Saturday afternoon bevies!!
4. What is your earliest memory?
Eating soggy weatbix in a brown booster chair.
5. What would your last meal be?
Lamb shanks with garlic and rosemary mash, washed down with a few glasses of 06′ Brown Brothers Patricia shiraz follow by vanilla ice cream with Milo sprinkled on top!
6. What is your best tip for recruiting staff or choosing business partners?
Go with your gut instinct.
7. What is your favourite sound?
My dogs paws getting louder as they tap on the wooden veranda floor when they greet me coming home after a long day at the office.
8. Who would you like to invite to dinner?
9. Who has inspired you to be a better ‘Business Ninja’?
My partner Louise, family, close friends, my co-director, my business mentors and trainers.